Sunday, April 29, 2012

London Bridge is Falling Down

Well, at least it didn't fall down when I was on it.  So, yesterday I got to cross on the London Bridge, which wasn't too exciting besides the song playing in my head the whole time.

We also went to Borough Market yesterday, which is a large food market in Southwark.  There was so much food!  I personally got the hot chocolate (so thick it tasted like melted chocolate), a cheesy pretzel, and strawberries(which were absolutely delicious! and cheap!).

Then we saw quite a few cool things on our walk to the Tate Modern.  We saw Southwark Cathedral (where Shakespeare attended church for a while), Sir Francis Drake's ship, and the Clink (the prison that gave all others the nickname).

We then went to the Tate Modern.  I have come to appreciate most modern art, but I have to say, modern art is not my favorite.  However, there are some pieces I really enjoy like:

(if you look carefully, you can see 3 women sitting around a table.  Kinda' cool, right?)

But other pieces, I have a hard time accepting as art.  Such as:

(This is literally a piece of paper with pencil writing on it)

But, I guess that's partly just a taste thing.

Well, after the museum, I got to go on the Millennium Bridge (the bridge featured in Harry Potter).  Luckily, no death eaters attacked the bridge while I was on it.  

Then, we made our way over by the London Eye and had a nice view of Parliament and Big Ben.  Before we made our way there, we had an interesting encounter with a wolf man. Well, more precisely, a man in a wolf costume (a street performer).  He opened his arms out to Katie and she went over.  Then he was like, take a picture!  So, I did.  As I took the picture, he moved so it looked like he was eating her head.  It was very strange.  Before this, we didn't understand the street performer culture, but I think we now have first-bite experience (kinda like first hand. ha, ha.  yeah, it was a bad joke I know).

After the odd street performer experience, we had beautiful views of the London Eye and the Houses of Parliament.


3 comments:

  1. What is the name of the one with the women siting around the table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're having an awesome time! =)

    And I totally have The Clash's London Calling stuck in my head now. (that's kind of a good thing, I suppose...it's a good song at least)

    Great pictures! When do classes start?

    ReplyDelete