Sunday, April 29, 2012

It's a Small World......

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to go to the Britannia Singles Ward.  You can imagine my surprise when  I walk into church and I realize that I know the bishop.  Bishop Gil used to live in my stake back in California and I went to Girl's Camp with his daughter.  His family moved a couple of years ago, but I didn't remember where (until I moved into church that is). It was really cool to see them again and it just reminded me how much of a small world it is.

After church, some friends and I took advantage of the momentary pause in the rain and we walked through Hyde Park/Kensington Gardens (I'm not sure which parts we were in.  You see, the two blend into each other).  It was a beautiful afternoon to walk through and appreciate God's creations.  Everything was just so green and people were everywhere enjoying it along with ourselves.  While I was walking through, it was easy to forget I was in a large city.  It almost felt like the countryside.  It was just a nice breath from the hustle and bustle I normally run into in London.  I'll definitely have to explore this area some more while I am here.  



The Peter Pan Statue!!!!  I was so excited to find this since it was one of my favorite books as a child.


No editing. It really is that green.


 

2 comments:

  1. Emily, I am trying to contact the bishop you mentioned in this blog post! Could you please contact me by email at cmgwrites@msn.com? You can look at my blog to see if I am legit at http://carolmgreen.blogspot.com/
    Thank you so much!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I don't know how to contact him. I haven't seen him since May and I don't have any contact information. Good luck!

      Delete