Sunday, September 25, 2011

(Insert Creative Title for this past week here)

So, most of this week, how I've felt can pretty much be summed up by this picture:


It's been a pretty long, stressful week school-wise.  Between papers, tests, and tons of reading, it's just been a week with a lot of work involved.  But, I made it through and I'm still alive and ready to take on a new week!  So, it's all good.  I'm just learning how to really work hard this year.

But, there have been some highlights this past week as well.  My favorite two parts of this week were definitely Gym Kids on Thursday and the General Relief Society meeting last night (more on that later).  Gym Kids is an organization at my school that every Thursday (and Friday) a bunch of kids with special needs come in and a group of BYU students plays with them for about an hour or so.  This week I got to spend time with a lovely young woman named Whitney. This beautiful young woman was friendly and her smile buoyed up my spirits.  This experience was wonderful and I can't wait to do it again this week.

My other favorite part of this week was the General Relief Society meeting.  I had been feeling overwhelmed by schoolwork and other things I needed to do before I went to the meeting.  But, then I watched the broadcast and everything changed.  The messages were inspiring, I felt uplifted, and it was definitely what I needed.  I particularly loved President Uchtdorf's talk.  I will forget-it-not!  (and never look at forget-me-nots the same way again)

Other cool parts of this week:  My friend Ben had two extra tickets for the football game.  So, Meagan and I got to go and we were on the third row!  I only stayed until half-time because I had too much homework, but it was still cool!



Also, yesterday, my ward went on a boating trip up at Deer Creek Resevoir.  We had a lot of fun tubing, talking, and eating!  It was a beautiful day and a nice break from homework.



Overall, it was a rather stressful week, but one I'm glad I had.


No comments:

Post a Comment