Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Street where the riches of ages are stowed....

Aka.... Portobello Road!  Growing up with Bedknobs and Broomsticks, I had the song "Portobello Road" in my head the entire time I was at the market.  The market was simply so much fun!  The street was blocked off (so pedestrians could walk throughout the entire street). There were stores with actual storefronts, then stalls in front of those stores, and even some stalls in the middle of the road in places.  Street musicians abounded and market-goers flooded the streets.

As for what they sold, I again reference Bedknobs and Broomsticks: "anything and everything a chap can unload".  There were clocks, antiques, books, scarfs, stuffed animals, food, and more!  People were everywhere speaking almost every language you could imagine.  It was a wonderful atmosphere and a really cool environment.  It started getting super busy as I was leaving, so I was glad I had gotten there early.  I definitely want to see if I can come back on another market day.



This is a black bottom cupcake. It's chocolate cake with cream cheese.  It's delicious!

As you can tell, I quite enjoyed eating it.

A taste of the market atmosphere

No comments:

Post a Comment