Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Babysitting

Yesterday, I got to babysit my favorite nephew Miles!  I always love seeing him and he was especially charming yesterday.  Here's some of my favorite moments from last night:

1.  Asking Miles about his soon to be born sister.  Miles got so excited talking about his sister! I asked him, "Are you excited to have a sister?" Then Miles said yes, then started smiling and jumping up and down with excitement. Then I asked what her name is and he responded, "Molly!"  It was so adorable!!!

2.  "I have a secret!" Miles will whisper and say "I have a secret".  Then if you ask him what his secret is, he'll whisper again and say "I love (fill in the blank)".  The cutest was when he said I love Mommy and Daddy.

3.  Tangled. Tangled continues to be Miles' favorite movie and he wanted to watch it.  So, it was playing in the background as we did other things. But, sometimes he would sit and watch it.  The cutest part was when "I have a dream" came on.  He started singing along with it. He knew every word!  He was amazing!

4. Taking pictures of just about everything. Miles has a new favorite game. Miles will show me something and say, "Take a picture of (fill-in-the-blank)".  What he didn't realize is that it meant I got to take pictures of my favorite subject at the same time: Miles!  He didn't want me to take any pictures of himself, only the objects in his hands.  But, it worked out pretty well for both of us.

For example, this is a picture of Blankie and Teddy, not Miles.

This picture is of Giraffey.

He's quite a charmer!

He eventually let me take a picture with him


Basically, Miles is the best nephew in the world.  He is the sunshine in my life!  I'm so glad I got to babysit him yesterday and also see Elisabeth and Gerrit.  Elisabeth is my favorite sister, an amazing advice giver, and one of my role models.  Gerrit is my favorite brother-in-law, hilarious, and such a good daddy and husband.  I love seeing my family!

No comments:

Post a Comment