Saturday, March 17, 2012

Monster Post!!!!

Contrary to what the title might sound like, this post has absolutely nothing to do with monsters.  That's right.  There are no Mike Wazowskis or Sulleys or even a Roz in this post (past that reference of course).  This is a monster post because I've been so terrible about blogging recently!  So here's a monster post about  my life as of the last 2-3 weeks.

Catching up with old roommates:  Towards the beginning of the month, I got to see my roommates from last year!  I love these girls so much and it was wonderful getting to catch up with them and eat delicious food at the same time!
Me and Chels

The dynamic duo

Camilla!

A sample of the delicious food we ate


My favorite things activity: So, right now Kensey and I are Relief Society Activities Co-chairs.  Along with our fantastic committee (Michelle, Yusse, and Jazmyn) we planned and had an activity earlier this month. We thought it'd be fun to have an activity that would help girls get to know people they don't normally talk to better.  So, with the inspiration from Sister Schoenfeld and our advisor Chelsea, we decided to have a favorite things activity.

For this activity, each girl brought their favorite recipe and a sample of it (the recipe's going into a Relief Society cookbook) and 2 other things that are their favorites.  As the girls came in, we handed them slips of paper that divided them into random tables.  Each table was decorated according to a part of the song from the Sound of Music (like raindrops on roses, etc.)

The night of the activity was kind of crazy.  Because of crazy class schedules and lack of keys, etc., we only had 15 to set up the activity before everyone got there.  But, we were able to get everything set up and looking nice before the girls got there.  Between me and Kensey, our committee members, and Joel (he had just finished a stake basketball game and was still at the church building) we got everything done in record time!

Once the girls got there, it was a great time!  We all got to know each other better and eat delicious food!  It was a crazy, but fantastic night!

The RS Activites Committee





FHE trip to Brick Oven: In order to support one of our FHE brothers who can't always come to FHE because of work, our FHE group went to his work for FHE.  It was a lot of fun and it was great to go support our "brother".





Getting sick:  Yeah, this was not the most fun part of the month so far.  Last week, I started getting a really bad cold and by Friday, it was a fever.  Brittany also got sick and had a fever.  You know the saying "Misery loves company"?  We both definitely experienced that.  Neither of us wanted the other person to be sick, but we were both glad that someone else was experiencing it with us.

Saturday Fun: Luckily, I started feeling better enough to have fun on Saturday.  I went over to Joel's apartment and we made delicious Indian food.  Then, we went to my old flute teacher's graduate recital.  She did really good!  Then, we went to our ward's activity.  It was super fun!  Especially the Korean dodgeball!  Overall, it was a great night!





Lunch with my sister:  On Tuesday, after work, I got to eat lunch with my sister and my nephew.  I always love spending time with them!  We had so much fun!

Miles showing me his artwork


My favorite sister!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment