Sunday, September 9, 2012

The day I got married to my best friend

August 16, 2012. The day I got married to my best friend.

It was such a sweet and simple day, but definitely the best day in my life.  Honestly, I'm having a hard time coming up with words to describe, so this post will mostly be pictures (but, hey, a picture's worth a thousand words, right?).

In the morning, we went to the Oakland temple where we were married for time and all eternity.  This sweet and sacred ceremony was made even better by our family and a few close friends who were able to attend.

Waiting in the parking lot:

Gerrit was having fun with Molly's bloomers




After the ceremony, I discovered I much prefer being behind the camera than in front of it.  My cheeks literally hurt for smiling for so many pictures.

Pictures of just me and Joel:





Family photos:

The Marshalls

The Stuarts

The Larsens

Group picture:

Unfortunately a few people got cut off, but this is mostly everyone......

The best blonde joke ever  (a.k.a my bridesmaids):

Get it? A blonde, brunette, and a red head.......

A couple of random people shots:

Sister Thawley, our photographer (side note: the photos you see here are from Gerrit and my Mom.  They also did a great job!)

Bridesmaids and groomsmen

The Flowers
My bouquet

Bridesmaid's bouquet

A boutonniere

The location and general other photos:
(Gerrit had a lot of fun with these, I'm just posting a couple of them)




I love this one!




The Marshalls' sunglasses

Later that evening, we had a reception jammed packed with lots and lots of friends!  I haven't seen some of these people in years--so it was really fun to get to see everyone again.  From seeing and talking to lots of friends, a delicious cake (chocolate with peanut butter filling), some Polynesian dancing, and lots of other goodness, it was a great night!



The delicious cake!



Cutting the cake



Dana caught the bouquet!




No comments:

Post a Comment