Sunday, September 30, 2012

When life gives you lemons.......

So, this past week has been rather lemon-filled for us.  Here's some of the lemons we've been dealing with:

1. Joel was sick.  Joel has had a headache and fever almost all week, starting about Tuesday.  On Thursday, his fever broke and we thought we were in the clear.  But, his headache persisted and when we woke up on Saturday, his fever was back at 103 degrees.  It broke later that day, and we're hoping it stays gone this time around.

2. The test of death.  I had what I like to call "the test of death" this week.  On Monday, my professor announced that he was going to push back our test until the following week instead of opening it on Wednesday like it was originally going to be.  But, on Tuesday I received an e-mail from the TA saying how the test was opening the next day.  Little did I know, it really was opening the next day after all.  Which was stressful.  Really stressful.  You see, since I thought it was opening later, I had done other homework first and hadn't studied yet.  So, that was also a lemon-y experience.

Although there's been plenty of lemons this week, there's been lots of stuff to help us make lemonade

1. A package from a friend I got a wonderful package from a good friend of mine full of crazy, fun socks and a few other things.  It completely made my day and made life so much happier!  There really is power in colorful socks.

2. Babysitting the best niece and nephew in the world! On Friday, I got to babysit Miles and Molly. It totally lifted my spirits and made me grin from ear to ear.  Molly had gotten shots earlier that day, so she wanted to held basically the whole time.  It was really nice and indescribably cute when she fell asleep in my arms.  Miles and I had a blast playing the same game for basically 3 hours (I'm always amazed by how much energy he has). It was great!



We're also looking forward to my parents coming out to Utah this upcoming weekend and to listen to General Conference.

So, even though it's been a tough week, there's still lots to smile about.  So, don't worry, I'm still making lemonade.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the kids were good for you, especially since I know they've been pretty tough sometimes. Hope things go better this week!

    ReplyDelete