Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

Happy belated 4th of July everyone!  I am so grateful to live in the United States and celebrate our country every year.

This year was lots of fun.  In the morning, Michelle and I had a lot of fun painting our nails patriotic colors:




My favorite part of the day came after that.  Joel came over and we had our own pseudo-ish barbecue.  You see, neither of us have a grill, so that's why it's pseudo-ish.  We enjoyed frying pan cheeseburgers and toasted marshmallows over the stovetop.  It was so much fun! (and delicious!)





 Later that day, I had a bit of an adventure while working at the Stadium of Fire.  I was working at the elevator as an elevator attendant of sorts.  Well, since it was so hot, the elevator was having problems due to overheating.  It had already broken early in the evening, but had been fixed relatively quickly.  One time as I was coming down from the roof (which was so cool to see the view from!), I heard a funny sound right after I hit the button for the ground floor.  I convinced myself nothing was wrong and indeed, the elevator began to descend.  But, it stopped around the 2nd floor or so.  I assumed someone had just called the elevator at the 2nd floor.  But, instead of the doors opening, it just hung there in suspension.  So, I waited for a little bit to see if anything would happen.  When it didn't, I pressed the ground floor button again.  But, nothing happened.  After a few minutes of waiting, I pushed the call button--right to 9-1-1/University Police.  They contacted the people who fix the elevators for me and after a few minutes, the elevator safely returned to the ground.  So, I can now say I got stuck in an elevator and got to call 9-1-1 from the elevator!  Really, it was not as exciting as it sounds.

In comparison, Joel (who was also working at Stadium of Fire) got to say hi to President Uchtdorf!  So cool!  That really is as exciting as it sounds.



No comments:

Post a Comment