Thursday, July 12, 2012

Luckily no vampires were around....

"Our greatest fear is fear itself".  I kept repeating this to myself over and over again as I headed to give blood for the first time on Monday.  I've always wanted to donate blood and even felt a responsibility to do so (You see, I have O- blood, aka the "universal donor" because anyone can accept it).  But, my fear of seeing my blood come out of my arm through a needle had always stopped me short.

However, I finally drummed up enough courage to do it.  It wasn't nearly as frightening as I thought it would be! I only felt a slight pinch in my elbow, I couldn't even see the bag of blood until it was full, and I didn't have any bad side effects afterwards (I was only super hungry the rest of the day).


Apparently, I was even really fast.  The pint was full in 5 minutes, 50 seconds.  I heard that some donors like to "race" each other after they've done it before.  So. . . . . anyone feel like a race?




No comments:

Post a Comment