Sunday, January 15, 2012

Silver Lining

Have you ever had a bad day?  You know, one of those days where you just want to crawl under the sheets on your bed and never come out?  Yeah, my Wednesday was most definitely one of those days for me.  My conducting class is super stressful and cleaning checks didn't go well.  This stuff along with some other things equalled a not good day.  Actually, the best part of it was attempting to fix our broken vacuum.  You know it's not such a great day when pulling out hairballs from the 70s is by far the best part of the day.



But, after a big hug from my brother and some good talks with Kensey, Brittany, and Becca, I felt a bit better.  The next morning, I was still trying to calm down and feel better.  So, I read my scriptures, then worked on homework while listening to inspirational songs ("I Won't Let Go"-Rascal Flatts; "Never Alone"-Jesse Bonanno; "Safe and Sound"-Taylor Swift; "You Are Loved (Don't Give Up)"-Josh Groban).  I started to feel better and then I went to work.

At work, my day totally turned around.  As I was serving food to people, I was able to focus on serving them and not on my own problems.  It made me so happy!  I couldn't stop smiling and had the best day after that.  

So, moral of the story, I found my silver lining.  I learned that awesome music, service, and friends can help you so much.

Did you know that the darkest part of the night is right before the sun comes up?  It's easy, when everything seems so dark, to forget that the sun's coming.  You just got to hold on a little bit longer.  So, to anyone who's having a rough time, hold on just a little bit longer.  The sun will come up soon. You can do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment