Thursday, January 26, 2012

Geology Rocks!

One of the classes I'm taking this semester is Geology.  It's a block class, or in other words, it's the same amount of information as a full semester class, but crammed into half of a semester.  So, I'm in class about 6 hrs a week, do lots of reading, labs, quizzes, etc.  This week I've especially been doing a lot of geology because I have a test. As I've been doing this, I've thought of many terrible puns that I felt like sharing.  I hope you enjoy them and that you laugh, or at least groan, at a couple of them.

What's a geologist's favorite type of music?
     Rock

What did the rock get arrested for?
     Basalt.

How can you describe a geologist's marriage?
   Rock-solid

What did the villagers say to the volcano?
   Lava me alone!

What's a seismologist's favorite part of dinner?
   The plates!

What's a geologist's favorite movie?
    Rocky

How did the earthquake feel after getting sick?
   A little shaky

What's a geologist's favorite ice cream flavor?
   Rocky Road

What did the countertop say to the chef?
   Don't take me for granite!

What's the rock equivalent of a famous British document?
  The Magma Carta.

These along with many, many others have been running through my head all week.  I guess I truly am my father's daughter.  But, truly, even though this class is a lot of work, I really do enjoy it a lot.  It rocks!  (pun intended)
My awesome professor, Dr. Skinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment