Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Hauntingly Good Halloween

Halloween was really fun this year and full of lots of facets.

Facet #1. Fun at work

The Cannon Center had a competition for all of its employees.  A pumpkin decorating competition.  So, my group and I came up with the idea of decorating our pumpkin as Cinderella's carriage.  Unfortunately, we didn't win, but we had a lot of fun doing it and a lot of people told us that they really liked it.


We also got to dress us at work right by Halloween.  Me and my 3 coworkers in the Salad Bar decided to dress up as tributes from the Hunger Games.  But, since we work in a food establishment, we thought it'd be fun if we actually made it related to food.  So, I was Rue-barb, and my co-workers were Catfish Everdeen, Prime Rib Everdeen, and Peeta Bread.  It was a lot of fun!



Facet #2. Pumpkin carving.

Joel and I carved a really cute pumpkin.  I will admit, it was my first time carving a pumpkin with an actual knife (instead of one of those little pumpkin carvers) so I was a little nervous.  But, there was no injuries and it turned out really well.  


Yay goopey hands!


Facet #3.  Fun costumes.

In honor of the movie coming out and reading the book with my husband, I decided to dress up as a hobbit for Halloween.  With a $3 tablecloth for my cape, fuzzy socks for my hairy feet (I would have cut them up, but I was afraid it was going to be cold), and my CTR ring as the ring to rule them all, I was set to go.  Most people had to ask what I was, but that's okay.  I had fun eating a second breakfast anyways.


There were also some cool costumes around campus (like the 6'3" guy who dressed up as Buddy the Elf).  But, hands down, the cutest costumes I saw were my niece and nephew's costumes.  Miles dressed up as Yoda and Molly was an Ewok.  In other words, probably the cutest costumes ever.  They came trick-or-treating to our apartment, and we got to hang out with them for a while afterwards. It was so much fun!

Miles in his Yoda pose.


Molly as the most adorable Ewok ever.





No comments:

Post a Comment